dinsdag 26 juni 2012

Blog Entry 13


Pupil behaviour improving, suggests teacher survey


A survey of 1600 teachers from all around England, says that more teachers find the behaviour of pupils in England is getting better. Three in four teachers, that is 76%, rated behaviour as good or very good.  That is 6% more than 2008. Still, 6% find pupils’ behaviour poor to very poor. The survey was commissioned by the Department for Education. The teachers were increasingly satisfied with the behaviour at particular Primary Schools. In secondary schools 8% of teachers said behaviour was poor or very poor against a figure of 5% for primary teachers. Most teachers (85%) said that they feel well-equipped to handle unwanted behaviour. Most teachers say that they praise the pupils behaviour, but also use a reward system. Government advisor on behaviour Charlie Taylor said: "I am encouraged to see that teachers are feeling more in control of the classroom but more still needs to be done."We need to ensure trainee teachers are equipped with the right training in behaviour management."

I think those rates are quite good! It’s a good thing that the government wants more insight in pupils’ behaviour. I think this helps to improve schools and learning situation, as well as the work atmosphere for all those teachers. It kind of surprised me, for I thought schools in England were so strict! Of course, this is a prejudice, but it got me thinking. How would these rates compare with schools in the rest of Europe and Especially in Holland? I would like to know if it really does matter to wear a school uniform. Perhaps this survey doesn’t show in which schools pupils have to wear school uniforms, so, I’m not sure if that can be researched. But, it seems to go well in England.



Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten